Throughout your life, dreams actually serve as a tool for understanding what is below the conscious. Over the next month, consider keeping a dream journal, asking yourself if you see any of the below patterns or themes. Let the dreams teach and guide you.
- Losing Teeth: Often happens during transitions, such as moving, the ending of a relationship, changing jobs, moving, etc. Let it symbolize how you are growing out of one phase in order to embrace the next phase.
- Falling: Falling often represents a need to slow down and take care of yourself. When feeling overwhelmed, similar to falling, you may feel like you don’t have solid grounding or a firm foundation—hence there is no earth beneath your feet when you are falling.
- Flying: This dream has potentially two different meanings; in one example, you may feel like a blissful bird gaining a new perspective while you fly around. On the other hand, if you are afraid of crashing or falling, it could symbolize that you are holding onto unhelpful ideas and are struggling to change negative behaviors.
- Being Chased: Consider that whatever is chasing you is actually an unresolved part of your needs or an unwanted aspect of yourself. Do not ignore this dream because it may become bigger. When you feel trapped it also symbolizes feeling stuck and helpless. Consider talking to someone if this dream repeats itself.
- Death and Dying: Rather than actual death or a premonition of death, consider death symbolically. For example, saying goodbye to a friend when you move, having a child leave for college, etc.
- Naked: Represents a feeling of being vulnerable and not protected. People are able to see the “real” you and there may be a sense of unprepared.
- Water: An opportunity to explore your psyche – enjoy the process and experience!